Effective Date: 2023-07-25
FORTUNA greatly values the privacy of our clients, including our consignors, sellers, buyers, bidders, and visitors to our website(s) and office(s). We understand the importance of safeguarding the identities of our clients and their personal information. Doing such is in alignment with our core principles and we take this responsibility very seriously.
FORTUNA takes pride in its reputation for transparency and ethical business practices. We welcome you to reach out to us with any inquiries regarding the personal data we collect and/or use.
1. Collecting Your Personal Information:
Most of the information we collect is provided directly by you. This can occur:
- When you sign up for an account with us and/or register to bid in an auction.
- When you request an evaluation of your property, schedule a meeting with our specialists, or agree to sell property at FORTUNA.
- When you sign up on our website for our email notification services, to receive updates and notifications about upcoming auctions and promotions.
- When you sign up on our website for our text messaging (SMS) notification services, to receive updates and notifications about upcoming auctions and promotions.
- When you share your business card or other details with us in person at an event or elsewhere.
- When you attend one of our events.
We also use automated methods to collect information, such as:
- Voice recording if you call our office or use our live telephone bidding service during an auction.
- Image recording via our closed-circuit video security system when you visit our premises.
- Gathering information when you visit our website. This includes your device type, browser type, operating system, and IP address, and other information for maintaining and improving our website’s capabilities and user experience.
We also collect information from other sources:
- When a client informs us that you are authorized to bid at auction on their behalf, to receive information on their transactions, or to retrieve their property.
- When we are introduced or referred to you by an individual or organization.
- When we gather information about you while researching auctions, market trends, collecting and other topics in publications and online.
2. What Personal Information We Collect and Why:
FORTUNA collects the following:
3. Who Gets Access to Your Personal Information:
We hold all of your personal information in strict confidence. We do not sell, rent, transfer, or share any of your information to any third parties for commercial purposes. We only share your personal information with our service providers and other organizations when it is necessary for certain services, such as transferring your data to our bank, a designated shipper, an insurer, call center, direct mailer, or digital marketing or social media platforms. We may also disclose certain personal information about you to third parties acting on proper legal authority, including law enforcement and government agencies, when required by subpoena, court order, or other legal processes.
4. Retention of Your Personal Information:
FORTUNA will retain your personal information as long as necessary to provide requested services and as long as the data is pertinent to our legitimate business interest.
5. Security of Your Personal Information:
We protect your personal information using various security technologies and procedures. However, please understand that no security system is impregnable, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information is entirely safe from unauthorized intrusion or access. You are responsible for the security of your username and password and any information that you transmit to us. If we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. You consent to our use of your e-mail address as a means of such notification.
6. California Privacy Rights:
Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may request specific information concerning any personally identifiable information that may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to request such information, please see our contact information below in Section 9 of this policy.
7. Children’s Privacy:
FORTUNA is an adults only business. We do not do business with or collect data on anyone under the age of 18 years old.
8. Additional Information for EEA Residents:
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), additional GDPR supplemental terms apply to you. These terms regulate your relationship with us when you interact with us or provide any “Personal Data” to us.
9. Contact Information:
We are open to address any questions, concerns, suggestions, or complaints relating to the processing of your personal information. Please contact us at: email@example.com
10. Live Bidding Platform Policy: